1) 15th April 2010 – Eminent INSA Scientist Dr. Junjappa joined the Institution to head the Research Cell.
2) 1st November 2012 – Chemistry project entitled “Investigation in the Chemistry of Sulphur containing 1,3-dielectrophilic Building Blocks and their synthetic exploration for Biologically important heterocycles aromatics and hetero aromatics” funded by CSIR.
3) 23rd November 2013 - Eminent Scientist and Head of Scientific Advisory Council to the Prime Minister of India Prof. C N R Rao was felicitated on being awarded “Bharatha Ratna”.
4) 10th December 2013 Prof .Carmen Najera from Royal Spanish Academy of Sciences visited research cell and interacted with research scholars on broad areas of current research work.
- Synthesis of Novel Substituted Phenanthrenes and Plycyclic Heteroaromatics by Pd- Catalyzed Direct Intramolecular Arylation/Heteroarylation, A. K. Yadav, H. Ila, H. Junjappa Eur. J. Org. Chem. 2010, 338.
- Attempted Cycloaromatization of α-Arylmethylsulfones with 2-bis1methylthio)methylene-1-tetralone: Unexpected formationof 2-aryl-3-(methylthio)-4,5-dihydronaphtho[1,2-b]furans S. Nandi, S. Kumar, H. Ila, H. Junjappa (dedicated to Prof. Franklin Davis on his 70th birthday) Arkivoc 2010 (vi),22-31.
- A Novel Radical Cyclization Approach to Thieno-Fused Heterocycles Prabal P. Singh,[a] Ashok K. Yadav,[a] Hiriyakkanavar Ila,*[b] and Hiriyakkanavar Junjappa[c] Dedicated to Professor Carmen Nájera on the occasion of her 60th birthday European Journal of Organic Chemistry Special Issue: Women in Chemistry Volume 2011, Issue 20-21,pages 4001–4007, July 2011
- Highly Regioselective One-Pot, Three-Component Synthesis of 1-Aryl-3,4-Substituted/Annulated-5-(Cycloamino)/(Alkylamino)pyrazoles from β-Oxodithioesters Ganesh C. Nandi1, Maya S. Singh1, Hiriyakkanavar Ila2, Hiriyakkanavar Junjappa3 European Journal of Organic Chemistry Volume 2012, Issue 5, pages 967–974, February 2012
- Molecular Diversity through Novel Organosulfur Synthons: Versatile Templates for Heterocycle Synthesis Ila, Hiriyakkanavar1; Junjappa, Hiriyakkanavar2 Source: CHIMIA International Journal for Chemistry, Volume 67, Number 1, February 2013, pp. 17-22(6) Publisher: Swiss Chemical Society
- Synthesis of novel β-aryl-β-(methylthio)acroleins via Vilsmeier–Haack protocol as potential 1,3-dielectrophilic three-carbon building blocks G. Byre Gowdaa, b, T.P. Charanrajb, C.S. Pradeepa Kumaraa, b, N. Rameshb, S.P. Thomasc, †, M.P. Sadashivaa, , H. Junjappab, , Volume 55, Issue 32- selected pp. 4415-4506 (6 August 2014) Impact Factor: 2.391, ISSN: 0040-4039