Course Code: 001
Signal Processing illuminates and explores the path of creativity in the field of signal processing. Digital Signal Processing is an area of science and engineering concerned with the theoretical and practical aspects of representing information bearing signal in digital form.
The program focuses on developing strong fundamentals and concepts in the area of speech processing, video processing, medical imaging etc. It gives an opportunity for the students to apply the acquired skills in solving a practical problem in the field of medicine, defense, automobile, environment etc.
Signal Processing is the trend in all emerging modern technologies. Various fields such as Communication, Controls, Instrumentation, Image Processing, and Bio-medical engineering look towards DSP for their cohesive requirements. Signal processing algorithms made all the medical related equipments so accurate in measuring and analyzing the results and made the diagnosis easy. Digital Image and video processing is becoming increasingly important with the rapid growth of multimedia technology. Advances in integrated circuit technology have had a major impact on the technical areas to which digital signal processing techniques and hardware are being applied.
1) itie Knowledge Solutions, Bangalore.
2) Intelligent Context Aware Recommender System in Ubiquitous Market Environment.
3) Synopsys University Program/Seer Akademi.
4) Cranes Software International Limited, Bangalore
Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belguam.
1) Design and development of signal processing techniques in diverse areas such as biomedical engineering, acoustics, sonar, radar, seismology, speech communication, telephony, nuclear science, image processing and many others.
2) Jobs can be taken up in the public and private sectors including defense sectors, ISRO, NAL, BEL, Sony, Philips, Samsung, Accenture etc.
3) To take up research in reputed organizations in India and abroad in the areas of signal processing and its applications in various domains of engineering and social relevance.
- Linear Algebra
- Statistical Signal Processing
- Audio and Speech Processing
- DSP Algorithm & Architecture
- Digital Signal Compression
- Modern Digital Signal Processing
- Modern Spectral Analysis & Estimation
- Real Time Digital Signal Processors
- Imaging and Video Processing
- CAD for Signal Processing
- RF MEMS
- Biomedical Signal Processing
- Detection & Estimation
- Wireless Communication
- Medical Imaging
- Pattern Recognition
- Advanced Digital Communication
- Error Control Coding
- Adv. In Medical Imaging
- Mobile Computing
- Simulation Modeling and Analysis
- Department Seminar Hall
- Department Library
- R & D Lab
- DSPA Lab
- Audio and Speech Processing Lab
- Modern DSP Lab
- Real Time Digital Signal Processing Lab
Admission to M.Tech. Course shall be open to the candidates who have passed the prescribed qualifying examinations with not less than 50% of the marks in the aggregate of all the years of the degree examinations. However, in the case of candidates belonging to SC/ST and Group I, the aggregate percentage of marks in the qualifying examinations shall not be less than 45%.
B. E. / B. Tech. in Electronics and Communication Engineering / Instrumentation Technology/ Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering/ Telecommunication Engineering/ Electrical and Electronic Engineering / Biomedical Engineering/ Medical Electronics or equivalent degree.
The candidate should have appeared and qualified in GATE or PGCET entrance examinations.
Dr. Sunil Kumar S. Manvi
Phone: +91-80-65687563/64/65- Ext no: 172