Course Code: 001
Structural Engineering aims at practical and research activities, besides offering testing and consultancy services to the community. To produce structural engineers who integrate and build on the Program's core curricular concepts in the pursuit of professional leadership, teamwork, life-long learning, and career advancement.
Natural forces such as wind, waves and earthquakes and their effects all need to be taken into account when a structure is designed and built. Certain stresses caused by the modern environment, such as the traffic of both cars and people, also need to be considered. A structural engineer ensures that structures are built in such a way that they stand up to these forces. Innovative solutions to these problems are researched, developed and tested by structural engineers. This degree is for students who wish to follow a career in structural engineering. While it does not prevent you from working in other areas of civil engineering, it specifically focuses on the design of structures such as bridges and buildings.
Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belguam.
1) Civil Engineers build the world’s infrastructure. Structural engineers play a key role in the analysis and design of new structures and retrofitting of distressed existing structures.
2) They have wide employment opportunities in the government, semi-government and private sectors. Structural engineering offers wide scope for entrepreneurship.
3) To bring innovation and excellence in teaching and research in Structural Engineering.
- Computational Structural Mechanics
- Advanced Design of RCC Structures
- Mechanics of Deformable Bodies
- Structural Dynamics
- Design of Plates and Shells
- Earthquake Resistant Structures
- Finite Element Method of Analysis
- Design Concepts of Substructures
- Optimization Techniques
- Design of Industrial Structures (RCC and Steel)
- Cold Formed Light Gauge Steel Structures
- Repair and Rehabilitation of Structures
- Reliability Analysis of Structures
- AI and Expert System in Structural Engineering
- Design of Tall Structures
- Composite and Smart Materials
- Masonry Structures
- Design of Concrete Bridges
- Special Concretes
- Stability Analysis of Structures
- Department Library
- Industrial Visit
- Certified Courses
- Basic Material Testing Lab
- Computer Aided Design Lab
- Geotechnical Engineering Lab
- Concrete and Highway Material Lab
Admission to M. Tech. Course shall be open to the candidates who have passed the prescribed qualifying examinations with not less than 50% of the marks in the aggregate of all the years of the degree examinations. However, in the case of candidates belonging to SC/ST and Group I, the aggregate percentage of marks in the qualifying examinations shall not be less than 45%.
B. E. / B. Tech. in Civil Engineering or equivalent degree.
The candidate should have appeared and qualified in GATE or PGCET entrance examinations.
Dr. Ramalinga Reddy
Phone: +91-80-65687563/64/65- Ext no: 189