Course Code: 001
In the present scenario of computer networks and the internet, virtually every individual and large enterprises use networks for applications ranging from simple resource sharing to enterprise-wide integration of applications and business process.
Computer networks currently provide the infrastructure for most, businesses, educational institutions, retailers, manufacturers and public services. Many companies rely increasingly on computer and network engineering, which is now a global discipline. For professionals with an engineering background in computing or a related discipline such as electronic or electrical engineering, this master’s course will equip you with the skills you need to move into computer and network engineering.
1) Oracle India Pvt Ltd.
2) EMC Academic Alliance Partner.
Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belguam.
1) Apply basic computer hardware and software concepts to install, trouble-shoot and manage home and small business computer network systems.
2) Using appropriate IP addressing scheme and appropriate networking hardware and software, design, trouble-shoot and maintain a computer network infrastructure for small to medium size organizations.
3) Identify computer network security threats and vulnerabilities for a given network, choose appropriate network security hardware and software for a given security requirement, and apply necessary security measures to prevent a possible computer network compromise.
4) Given a computer network engineering problem, apply critical thinking, problem-solving techniques and effective communications skills to find solutions to the problem.
The career opportunities can be classified into following categories:
1) Network Programmer/Analyst
2) Network/System Engineer
3) Computer Network Research
4) Network/Information System Manager
- Advanced Digital Communication
- Computer Networks
- Network Programming
- Information Security
- Wireless & Mobile Networks
- Client-Server Programming
- Optical Networks
- Switching & Statistical Multiplexing in Telecommunications
- Network Management
- Project work
- C# and .Net
- Stochastic Models and Applications
- System Modeling and Simulation
- Distributed systems
- Computer Systems Performance Analysis
- Web Engineering
- Protocols Engineering
- Wireless Sensor Networks
- Topics in Multimedia Communications
- Advances in Digital Image Processing
- Advances in Storage Area Networks
- Topics in Analysis of Computer Networks
- Computer Networking Lab
- Client Server Programming Lab
- Network Programming Lab
- Wireless and Mobile Networking Lab
- Research & Project Work Lab
Admission to M.Tech Course shall be open to the candidates who have passed the prescribed qualifying examinations with not less than 50% of the marks in the aggregate of all the years of the degree examinations. However, in the case of candidates belonging to SC/ST and Group I, the aggregate percentage of marks in the qualifying examinations shall not be less than 45%.
B. E. / B. Tech. in Computer Science and Engineering / Information Science and Engineering / Electronics & Communication Engineering / Telecommunication Engineering / Electrical & Electronics Engineering or equivalent degree.
The candidate should have appeared and qualified in GATE or PGCET entrance examinations.
Dr. Raghavendra V Kulkarni
Phone: +91-80-65687563/64/65- Ext no: 152