Course Code: 001
Headed by an alumnus of the IIM - Bangalore, the department boasts of faculty who have both academic and rich industrial experience. Affiliated to the Bangalore University based syllabus is supplemented by case study approach, business games, personality development workshop, etc, for all round development of the individual. Constant interaction with corporate world to ensure value addition for students. Learning atmosphere: centrally air-conditioned classroom, seminar hall, state-of-the-art infrastructure. Excellent placement assistance to ensure 100% placement. Wi-fi enabled ‘e’-campus empowers student learning.
The Indian Economy is progressively getting integrated with the global economy, calling for greater technological up-gradation and export orientation. India is poised for becoming a major economic player globally. The dawn of new millennium has brought about changes and vistas for global business.
Against this backdrop of changing business environment and business concepts both within the country and abroad, the Department of Management Studies gears itself to produce effective and efficient human resource equipped with knowledge, analytical ability and the right kind of attitude and values, by revising the two year, full time, professional programme of Master of Business Administration.
1) To impart knowledge, skills, attitudes and competence among the prospective managers.
2) To offer Multi, Inter and Cross Disciplinary modular programmes in Management with IT enabled teaching learning process to produce market driven managers.
3) To develop a strong intellectual and ethical human capital base with a focus on industry and services sector.
MBA course has on the top slot of the most opted degree program in the world. Successful MBA graduate can gain several benefits not only personal development but also in the professional front.
1) Managerial skills: Knowledge imparted in MBA extends in developing managerial skills by providing essentials to deal with real-time situations pertaining to management and resolving problems.
2) Business expertise: MBA helps in gaining practical knowledge in the field of business administration which helps in becoming entrepreneurs.
3) Leadership qualities: MBA provides a competitive advantage for students by preparing them as highly qualified leaders.
4) Career advancement: MBA helps to climb the corporate ladder quickly with a good salary package.
- Managerial Communication
- Accounting for Managers
- Organization Behavior
- Managerial Economics
- Information Technology for Business
- Business Perspectives
- Research Methodology & Technical Writing
- Financial Management
- Production and Operations Management
- Human Resource Management
- Marketing Management
- Quantitative Methods & Operations Research
- Legal Aspects of Business
- Entrepreneurship Development
- Business Ethics & Corporate Governance
- Strategic Management
- International Business
- Human Resource Acquisition Development
- Employee Relationship Management
- Performance and Compensation Management
- Labor Legislation and Welfare
- Knowledge Management and Learning Organization
- International Human Resource Management
- Investment Analysis and Management
- Financial Markets and Intermediaries
- Tax Compliance and Management
- International Financial Management
- Strategic Financial Management
- Projects- Analysis and Implementation
- Business Marketing
- Services Marketing
- Sales and Marketing Channel Management
- Rural and Agricultural Management
- Retail Marketing Management
- Advertising and Integrated Brand Management
- Digital Class Rooms
- Departmental Library
- Discussion Rooms
- Visits to Industries/Business Organizations
- Computer Lab with Internet Facility
The candidates shall have passed the prescribed qualifying examinations with not less than 50% of the marks in aggregate of all the years / semesters of the degree examinations. However, in the case of candidate belonging to SC/ST and any other groups classified by the Government of Karnataka for such purpose from time to time, the aggregate percentage of marks in the qualifying examinations shall be not less than 45%.
The candidate should have qualified in the MAT/CAT/CMAT/KMAT or any AICTE approved test.
Dr. Geetha M. Rajaram
Director, Dept. of MBA
Phone: +91 - 80 - 6568 7563/64/65 Ext: 120