The Department offers MBA programme, affiliated to VTU, of two years duration which consists of four semesters. The student has the option to do the program either in SINGLE or DUAL specialization.
Vision of the Department
Our vision is to become an institute of excellence in management education, research and consultancy in a manner that is satisfying to all stake holders
Mission of the Department
Our mission is to prepare young managers who would be committed to profession and who are loyal towards the organization they work for. We train young managers to play the role of genuine change agents and who are mindful of professional ethics and values.
Introduction of the Department
Department of Management Studies was established in the year 2006 with an intake of 6o students. The Department has a faculty with an experience in both industry and academia. At present the intake is 180. The faculties are involved in research with about 6 out of 13 pursuing their PhD. The department has a student association, MARC, under which the it conducts inter collegiate management fest, DAKSH, which is a big success among B schools across the state.
- Imparting quality education to students
- Establishing centre of Excellence in different areas like Marketing, Finance and HRM
- To engage in research and development activities
- To undertake faculty skill development through various short term courses
- Providing hands on training to Faculty and students in various industries standard tools.
- To establish an industry- institute partnership cell to bridge the gap between academia and industry.
Director, MBA, Message
Our department provides quality management education to young budding managers with strong focus on values and ethics. The aim has always been to inculcate strong professional and personal ethics in the students. We use case studies from India and abroad, role-plays, outbound trainings with experiential learning. Our students are also encouraged to take up live projects in business and industry and also socially relevant projects which help society and community. Our department has a blend of faculty with academic background as well as faculty with industry background such that students get sound theoretical concepts as well as good practical orientation with the result that the students are “job ready” at the end of the MBA program.
We offer MBA with specialization in the area of Finance, Marketing, Human Resources Management and Banking & Finance.
The department has a well stocked departmental library in addition to the books and periodicals from the main library of the institute. The main library has good amount of digital content in addition to the subscription to popular journal database like EBSCO, DELNET etc.
The department is the recognized research centre for Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belgaum and University of Mysore for Doctoral programs leading to the award of PhD. Our research areas include Capital Markets, International HRM, Franchising, Retail Management, Financial Inclusion, and Innovation Management
Director, Dept. of MBA
Phone: +91 - 80 - 6568 7563/64/65 Ext: 155
Facilities & infrastructure
The department is constantly modernizing the infrastructure and laboratory facilities. The department has a Computer Lab. The department boasts of net connected classrooms with 60 terminals; two Discussion Rooms and One Seminar Hall. Staff and Faculties given computers with 24hours internet connectivity
Management section of REVA ITM is well stocked with a very good collection of textbooks and reference books. The library subscribes to more than 30 National and International Journals of repute. The library also subscribes to all important National and International Business Magazines. The Department has recently started its own departmental library.
- Case Studies and Group discussions
- Interactive sessions and quizzes on certain selected topics.
- Assignment which act as self-test (Which tests their level of listening, comprehending and applying the different concepts).
- Inspiring stories and video shows and movies on some personality which motivate to carry out their task.
- Visits to Industries/Business Organizations
- Group Discussion and Role Plays/li>
- Field Study Assignments
- Discussion on current topics on Management