Course Code: 001
IT has always been the stronghold of Bangalore with the city emerging as a close rival to the original Silicon Valley. The software companies in Bangalore have a lot to offer for students with a background in computers. The tech savvy corporate multinationals prefer people with a strong grounding in the basics of Computing.
Software is virtually inescapable in a modern world. And as we move into the next century, it will become the driver for new advances in everything from elementary education to genetic engineering. In order to become a computer professional a recognized degree from a reputed university in computer science is essential. In fact, a working knowledge of computer will become a virtual necessity to survive in the 21st century’s work culture. It includes both Software and Hardware. The department has been committed to imparting knowledge and skills in this field.
- The department is collaborated with “I think- unit of Ideaon, USA” for conducting classes in Hardware and Networking Courses.
- The department is collaborated with CITE for conducting classes in advanced technologies like dot net, J2EE.
- Bangalore University
- The Computer Science degree will prepare you for a variety of careers in software design, communications and networking, computer applications, IT management, computer sales and marketing.
- The business and management component of this Computer Science degree will help you to become a project manager.
- The students can acquire knowledge on SAS (Statistical Analysis System) and work as SAS programmers.
- Computer Fundamentals and C Programming
- Data Structures and Operating Systems
- OOPS using C++ and DBMS
- Software Engineering and System Software
- Human Resource Management (Special Paper)
- Internet Technology
- Basic Java and Unix Programming
- Interactive Computer Graphics and computer Networks
- C Programming Lab
- Data Structures Lab
- C++ Lab
- DBMS Lab (mini project)
- Internet Lab
- Java and Unix Lab
- Project Lab
- Well Equipped Computer and Electronics Lab
- Digital Class Rooms
- Department Library
- Houses books of General Interest, Magazines and Daily Newspapers
- Browsing Centre
Students seeking admission to the B.Sc. Computer Science program must have passed Pre-University with Physics, Chemistry, Maths /Higher Secondary/10+2 examinations or equivalent of any recognized Board or Council in any discipline.
Prof. Lokesh C. K.
Phone: +91-80-65687563/64/65- Ext no: 187